THEY NEED TO BE — GLOBALLY COMPETENT!
WACH’S YOUTH PROGRAMS PREPARE STUDENTS FOR 21ST CENTURY LEADERSHIP!
The World Affairs Council of Harrisburg has launched its Global Competency program to help youth in our region better understand world events and appreciate other cultures, languages and lands. You can help us bring world-class speakers into the schools, sponsor events such as the International Young Leaders Conference, the International Poetry and Storytelling Festival and the annual Academic WorldQuest competition. We are working to sponsor students on international study/travel tours and to provide mentoring opportunities that expand their horizons and nurture their dreams. And we mentor and encourage global competency through our high school and college internship programs.
Help us create the next generation of world leaders! Join us and donate now.
Thank you for your support so that we can continue Connecting Central PA to the World!
- Eligibility: Businesses authorized to do business in PA that are subject to the following taxes: Corporate Net Income Tax; Capital Stock Franchise Tax; Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax; Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax; Insurance Premiums Tax; or Mutual Thrift Institution Tax. To receive tax credits, businesses must be approved to make contributions to Educational Improvement Organizations that are on a list of organizations published by the Department of Community and Economic Development; the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia is on that approved list
- Uses: Tax credits may be applied against the tax liability of a business for the tax year in which the contribution was made
- Where to apply: Department of Community and Economic Development Center for Business Financing in Harrisburg; contact – Ted Knorr at (717) 787-7120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amounts: Tax credits equal to 75% of company contribution up to a maximum of $750,000 per taxable year; can be increased to 90% of the contribution if business agrees to provide same amount for two consecutive tax years
- There is a NEW application period for existing EITC donor companies that have just completed two-year cycles and are applying for a new two-year award cycle (or companies that are in the middle of a two-year cycle and wish to apply for additional credits). If your company is in either of these situations, your new application can be submitted any time between May 15 and June 30, 2013. DCED will award EITC tax credits to all renewing companies prior to opening the tax credit bank to new corporate applications on July 1, 2013 at which point tax applications are processed on a first-come first-served basis by day submitted.
- If your company did not participate in the tax credit program for the prior year or had a one-year credit (75%) and wants to apply for another year, you must wait until July 1st.
- Funds for the new fiscal year are usually exhausted on the first day that applications are proceeded so if you missed the May 1 date please make a note for next year
- Additional details can be found on the www.newpa.com website